Allegany High School Band Student Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Allegany High School Band Student Forum

Cumberland, Maryland

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some notes for band camp...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Danielle Smith

Danielle Smith

Number of posts : 17
Name : Danielle Smith
Year In School : I'm D-U-N
Instrument/Section : Flags, Rifles, Sabres.... OH MY!
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Some notes for band camp... Empty
PostSubject: Some notes for band camp...   Some notes for band camp... EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 8:43 pm

Hey guard,

I hope you've all been keeping up with the forum!!! There's already a decent list of what you'll be needing for camp on the hornline forum, but I wanted to add some things specific to us on it.

Dot books (2 ring index card holder)-

Some notes for band camp... BfPmvkG2HRSh47Xy89Scx_EFWZ1LPRte

Put some elastic in the loops so you can wear it around your waist.

Pencils-

I'm not posting a pic of them... LOL

Dress in layers-

Its usually chilly in the mornings, but quickly warms up! Same for when the sun goes down.

Bandana for your head-

This will be REQUIRED. Too much sun on your head= pass out.

Wear your hair up-

Must be away from the face and off the shoulders... Ponytails are fine...

A gallon jug of water-

I've been telling you from the start...

SUNSCREEN-

duh...

Tennis shoes-

I'll send you home and write you out of that section of the show if you come in anything but tennis shoes... MAKE SURE THEY HAVE LACES!

Bug Spray-

Some people like it, others don't. I suggest "Cutter" brand bug spray- "Off" might as well be called "On" in my opinion... You can wear this when the sun goes down b/c big spray and sunscreen don't mix and you'll BURN BURN BURN! I found out the hard way in 2000...

OK... That's all for now... Hopefully some vets will get on here and add anything I've forgotten!

-D

Last edited by on Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danielle Smith

Danielle Smith

Number of posts : 17
Name : Danielle Smith
Year In School : I'm D-U-N
Instrument/Section : Flags, Rifles, Sabres.... OH MY!
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Some notes for band camp...   Some notes for band camp... EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 10:29 pm

add this too:

A towel or yoga mat-

We will be doing some stretching and different exercises during the weeks of band camp. It will be beneficial to bring something to lay on. No need to buy a mat if you don't have one, a towel will be fine...

Things you need to do during band camp

1. Sleep- Please try to get at least 8 hours a night.

2. Eat WELL- this is something you need to start doing now. Eating more fruits and veggies will start to pump up your metabolism. Stop drinking sodas... An absolute nono for camp! Eat breakfast before rehearsal... Just think more healthy balanced meals!

3. Become a positive thinker- Don't come to rehearsal with a bad attitude. We're there to have fun as a group and you're there b/c you love doing this!

4. Take care of yourselves and each other- Even though we can be a bit dysfunctional at times, we're one big family. Take care of your sisters!

OK- Vets, I need you to fill in anything I've missed!

See you all soon!
Back to top Go down
karimallow2010

Number of posts : 3
Name : Kari
Year In School : Sophmore
Instrument/Section : Colorguard
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: WATER WATER WATER   Some notes for band camp... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 11:00 pm

[b]Guard Girls lots of a water. If you do not have water you will become dehydrated and you will eventually pass out and wish you had the water! And a small bottle of water is not going to do you need a big jug of water they are avaible at walmart so you can go get one!And no one should be sharing water if you forget water you just out of luck! Also no one will come to pratice with a nasty attitude.Always come with a postive attitude if you dont you will make everyone suffer!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alco_freshman_2010
*Sierra

Number of posts : 2
Name : Sierra Pettie
Year In School : 2010
Instrument/Section : Color Guard
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Yea Eat   Some notes for band camp... EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Eat something whenever you come to and camp bc i learned that the hard way bc i dont like eating in the mornings either and as soon as we would og into the warm up block i would pass out from not eating anything.

Some Things Not To Eat or Drink:
Milk
Cheese

Somethings To Eat:
Fruit
Like Bananas n Strawberries
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sierrapettie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some notes for band camp...   Some notes for band camp... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some notes for band camp...
Page 1 of 1