Allegany High School Band Student Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Allegany High School Band Student Forum

Cumberland, Maryland

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why band is a contact sport

Go down 
+9
josh_bosley62
Danielle Smith
Chris
ben-ben
tdavis
Chris Moore
SteveM
Dan the Man
aarontrumbule
13 posters
AuthorMessage
aarontrumbule

aarontrumbule

Number of posts : 25
Name : Aaron
Year In School : Junior
Instrument/Section : Drum Major/Saxophone
Registration date : 2007-06-29

Why band is a contact sport Empty
PostSubject: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 1:40 pm

Well guys, especially the upperclassmen, Im trying to explain why in fact band is a contact sport. Theres so far... Sarah "Spleen" Foye, why tubas shouldnt march. (that sounds like a reality tv show) and the constant falls and breaking of our horns all the time. Got any others?
Back to top Go down
https://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=583533318
Dan the Man

Dan the Man

Number of posts : 29
Name : Daniel Nelson
Year In School : 2006-2010 (Sophmore)
Instrument/Section : Drumline (Bass 2)
Registration date : 2007-06-30

PostSubject: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 10:38 pm

You can't forget when I flipped over my bass drum and chipped my tooth, or when Hayworth fell in the middle of a runthrough, started wobbling like a penguin, then decided to get up and walk to his spot in a hold.
Yes, band is deffinetly a contact sport.
Back to top Go down
SteveM

Number of posts : 7
Year In School : hahahahaha
Instrument/Section : Staff
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 12:41 pm

You wouldn't fall over if you used the TECHNIQUE!
Back to top Go down
Chris Moore
Admin
Chris Moore

Number of posts : 35
Name : Chris Moore
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:17 pm

SteveM wrote:

lolz....

it's a contact sport when you run over the judges.. accidentally of course... Wink
Back to top Go down
aarontrumbule

aarontrumbule

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:36 pm

good call. and steve, that was a little true but unfriendly.
Back to top Go down
SteveM

Number of posts : 7
Year In School : hahahahaha

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 2:48 pm

Sarah Foye is an exception as I believe she was running back to her set when she fell on her sax...but 99% of the time when people fall in drill its because they are not marching the way they are supposed to. Simple fact Aaron...you know what they say: The Truth hurts. Very Happy

Plus, when did I ever claim to be friendly?
Back to top Go down
Chris Moore
Admin
Chris Moore

Number of posts : 35
Name : Chris Moore
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 3:01 pm

lolz yet again.. anyway, where's the rest of the band, everyone? get those emails going!! i don't have addresses, therefore i don't have anyone to email.
Back to top Go down
Dan the Man

Dan the Man

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 4:40 pm

SteveM wrote:
I didn't fall durring a set, I fell going to the feild because of a curb I couldn't see.........hayworth on the other hand.........that was all his fault lol.
Back to top Go down
tdavis

Number of posts : 4
Name : Thomas Davis
Year In School : College Freshman (Band Alumni 03-07)
Instrument/Section : Former Baritone/Brass

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 10:46 pm

I'll always remember my sophomore year when, during the halloween parade, I was clocked in the neck by Bill Dennison's tuba when we went to horns up.
Oh, and contact sport...robert last year...he got the hang of this circle drill set eventually, but there were a few times when he went out of control going back and ran me over...ahh, the memories. Smile
Back to top Go down
aarontrumbule

aarontrumbule

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 2:26 pm

I got the emails going, but noone is getting on. Ill have to get rough and tough I guess. and yes, Dan you are falling because of clumsiness. A great thing to admit.
Back to top Go down
ben-ben

ben-ben

Number of posts : 26
Name : Ethan Sagin
Instrument/Section : Trumpet/Hornline
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 8:30 pm

sorry, what was that about none of us signing up? and...oh my god is that really you tom?!?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
tdavis

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 8:42 pm

Yes that is really me, Ethan...surprised that I still contact those in the band or somethin? lol.
Back to top Go down
ben-ben

ben-ben

Number of posts : 26
Name : Ethan Sagin
Instrument/Section : Trumpet/Hornline

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 8:49 pm

you'll always be a freshman at heart tom. always.
Back to top Go down
tdavis

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyTue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 pm

ben-ben wrote:
you'll always be a freshman at heart tom. always.

If you say so, Ethan....designated freshman, out.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Number of posts : 14
Name : Chris Logsdon
Year In School : Sophomore
Instrument/Section : Sax

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 1:22 am

Dan the Man wrote:
SteveM wrote:
I didn't fall durring a set, I fell going to the feild because of a curb I couldn't see.........hayworth on the other hand.........that was all his fault lol.

i can vouch for the boy. he tripped over an oddly placed and in my opinion, placed with the intent for evil curb. i absolutely agree that band is a contact sport. like steve said, it's usually due to misplacement during a set. last year, a fellow sax (not mentioning names of course!) got to know my back very well due to his lack of ability to look up! i coulda been on the football team and taken less damage...
Back to top Go down
Danielle Smith

Danielle Smith

Number of posts : 17
Name : Danielle Smith
Year In School : I'm D-U-N
Instrument/Section : Flags, Rifles, Sabres.... OH MY!

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 1:50 am

Do we really even need to mention guard?!
Back to top Go down
josh_bosley62

josh_bosley62

Number of posts : 11
Name : Joshua Bosley
Year In School : Senior
Instrument/Section : Trumpet
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 12:47 am

Not really contact but I guess on the lines of tech. Somehow or another I have inflamed tendons in both of my knees. My doctor guesses it is from marching all these years. Best goes to marching though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aarontrumbule

aarontrumbule

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 10:22 am

No, unless you get the guard signed up, our guard convos are to a minimum. haha. Nothing personal, Danielle
Back to top Go down
Dan the Man

Dan the Man

PostSubject: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Chris wrote:
Dan the Man wrote:
SteveM wrote:

i can vouch for the boy. he tripped over an oddly placed and in my opinion, placed with the intent for evil curb. i absolutely agree that band is a contact sport. like steve said, it's usually due to misplacement during a set. last year, a fellow sax (not mentioning names of course!) got to know my back very well due to his lack of ability to look up! i coulda been on the football team and taken less damage...

yes, that was a very evil curb upon which only had one purpose in existence and that was to cause the most pain possible upon my body. Oh and i think that fellow sax will get to learn some other peoples' backs before the end of his high school year.
Back to top Go down
mwalbert

Number of posts : 1
Name : Morgan Walbert
Year In School : Sophmore
Instrument/Section : Alto Sax

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 12:13 am

Dan the Man wrote:
Chris wrote:
Dan the Man wrote:
SteveM wrote:

yes, that was a very evil curb upon which only had one purpose in existence and that was to cause the most pain possible upon my body. Oh and i think that fellow sax will get to learn some other peoples' backs before the end of his high school year.

ahh yes that particular incident with the "evil curb" was quite memorable for those of us who witnessed it. and i must agree with chris about the fellow sax who we are not naming. he definatly caused the section some pain (mental + physical)
Back to top Go down
Footie

Footie

Number of posts : 63
Name : Zach Foote
Year In School : Sophmore
Instrument/Section : Tuba/Trombone
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 11:47 am

another reason band is a contact sport... ME! i fell at least 5 times while marching. from what ive heard, the average band memeber falls one time in 4 years. i fell 5. if i remember correctly, i got marched on, literally. and i hit amber, and got marched on AGAIN. and then john decides to run me over. but yeah i know what your gonna say steve "you wouldnt fall if you used technique" but my foot got caught BEHIND ambers because i couldnt see her, and john ran me over, so i couldnt help some of them, but yeah.
Back to top Go down
*Sierra

Number of posts : 2
Name : Sierra Pettie
Year In School : 2010
Instrument/Section : Color Guard
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Kari Hitting Me In The Mouth With The Flag   Why band is a contact sport EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:12 pm

[b][i] Hey Color Guard is to bc have someone stand to make a box but so close together that ur going to hit someone well lets just say that we were to close to each other n Kari hit me in the mouth with the flag that hurt so bad. Now if thats not pain then i dont know what is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sierrapettie
andmurph

andmurph

Number of posts : 1
Name : Andrew Murphy
Year In School : 10th
Instrument/Section : Pit
Registration date : 2007-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 10:58 pm

Since were trying to keep the forum from dying (which I must say the forum is on life support and the doctor is trying to decide whether or not to pull the plug) I decided to add Chyeanne's (if thats how you spell it) recent injury one in which she broke her wrist!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jesusistheonlysavior
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why band is a contact sport   Why band is a contact sport Empty

Back to top Go down

Why band is a contact sport
Page 1 of 1