Allegany High School Band Student Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Allegany High School Band Student Forum

Cumberland, Maryland

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

prefered music outside of band class?

Go down 
+15
becky johns
ecr8393
Dan
k a i t l y n
Ryan/Mike/Whatever
Mister PEB
Director
Chris Moore
Roh915
mandy3793
saraz.
aarontrumbule
diamonddress
Dan the Man
Footie
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Director

Number of posts : 6
Name : Larry Jackson
Instrument/Section : staff
Registration date : 2007-07-25

prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 1:44 am

bird, diz, and 'trane....and clifford
if you don't get then you...ah nevermind
Back to top Go down
saraz.

saraz.

Number of posts : 53
Name : sara
Year In School : freshman
Instrument/Section : clarinet
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 pm

or sometimes i listen to metal wen ever i can find it like COB but i still love RHCPs and sublime Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mister PEB

Mister PEB

Number of posts : 42
Name : Matthew Haworth
Year In School : Junior
Instrument/Section : Battery Percussion- Tenor Drum
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 12:29 am

Music outside of band... scratch Huh?!?!?!
Nightwish, ftw! Behind, in no particular order (though The Beatles and The Who are definitely near the top), The Beatles, The Who, Tarot, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, For My Pain..., Led Zeppelin, Heart, Franz Ferdinand, Enter The Haggis, Epica, The Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Billy Idol, Madonna, Pink Floyd, Queen, Shinedown, U2, probably some more of which I can't think right now.
Back to top Go down
saraz.

saraz.

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 1:53 pm

i like nightwish!!
Back to top Go down
Ryan/Mike/Whatever

Ryan/Mike/Whatever

Number of posts : 10
Name : Ryan DeVore
Year In School : Freshman
Instrument/Section : Baritone
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2007 4:03 pm

A partial list in no particular order: ACDC, Led Zeplin, The Eagles, Green Day, Linkin Park, The Who, Alkaline Trio, and Metallica.
Back to top Go down
k a i t l y n

k a i t l y n

Number of posts : 7
Name : kaitlyn wright
Year In School : 9th
Instrument/Section : tenor sax
Registration date : 2007-08-17

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2007 7:38 pm

tool, king crimson, a perfect circle, green jello, led zeppelin, pearl jam, soundgarden, rage against the machine, the doors, smashing pumpkins, the white stripes, dave matthew's band, jane's addiction, system of a down, jimi hendrix, full service, dream theater, the melvins, metallica....fwaaa and some more i can't think of at the moment

but mostly tool and king crimson. they are love.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Number of posts : 22
Name : Dan Kimble
Year In School : Senior - College
Instrument/Section : Staff
Registration date : 2007-06-28

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 3:04 am

Apocalyptica, Rusted Root, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, DMB, The Presidents of the United States of America, Journey, The Who, Liquid Tension Experiment, Imogen Heap, Rage Against the Machine, & DCI.

The small sampling of what I listen to. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dcifan04
ecr8393

ecr8393

Number of posts : 5
Name : Erin
Instrument/Section : clarinet/woodwinds

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 12:42 am

Well, i like most kinds of music. My favorite is rock. I like some rap but it gets really old after awhile..but here are my favorite bands/artists...

3 Doors Down, All-American Rejects, Armour For Sleep, Beatles (lol), Ben Folds Five, Blink-182, Blue October, Chris Daughtry, Coldplay, Copeland, Dashboard Confessional, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab For Cutie, Eminem, Fall Out Boy, Goo Goo Dolls, Gorillaz, Green Day, Jack's Mannequin, Jack Johnson, Jimmy Eat World, Joh Mayer, The Killers, Lifehouse, Linkin Park, Live, Maroon 5, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Matchbox 20, Counting Crows, My Chemical Romance, Plain White T's, The Postal Service, Rascall Flatts, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Say Anything, Simple 4, Skillet, Tenacious D, Test Your Reflex, Third Eye Blind, Three Days Grace, Tim McGraw, Tom Petty, Vertical Horizon, The Wallflowers, Weezer, Yellowcard, Inspection 12, Fenix TX, O.A.R, Paul McCartney, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, The Strokes, Sublime, Sugar Ray, Sum 41, System Of A Down, Theory Of A Deadman, Tontic, Treble Charger, Various, Rookie Of The Year, Anberlin, Amber Pacific, A Change Of Pace, Revelation Theory, Switchfoot, && Phil Collins

Well thts about it..lol as i said..i like just about anything
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ecr212
becky johns

becky johns

Name : Becky Johns
Instrument/Section : flute/woodwinds
Registration date : 2007-07-28

PostSubject: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 2:12 pm

wow guys does anybody listen to Evanescence? Definitely my favorite but i do like Green Day and Linkin Park Cool
Back to top Go down
tleirich

tleirich

Name : Taylor Eirich
Instrument/Section : Flute

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 7:15 pm

In no particular order...

Maroon5, Yellowcard, The All-American Rejects, Coldplay, Daughtry, Evanescence, Foo Fighters, The Darkness, Five for Fighting, John Mayer, The Beatles, JET, Jimmy Buffett, Sara Bareilles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Plain White T's, Switchfoot, Rascal Flatts, John Lennon, and of course Veggie Tale Silly Songs. Where would I be without them?
Back to top Go down
becky johns

becky johns

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2007 9:27 pm

tleirich wrote:

Evanescence, Switchfoot

Woot! Go Taylor! lol!
Back to top Go down
saraz.

saraz.

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 12:09 pm

ok well since then i have added a few more favorites to my list ...slipknot there old stuff duh,system of a down, the used,nightwish, korn, disturbed, children of bodom, bullet for my valentine, godsmack, and slayer i believe that would be bout it.
Back to top Go down
Footie

Footie

Number of posts : 63
Name : Zach Foote
Year In School : Sophmore
Instrument/Section : Tuba/Trombone

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Becky, i do listen to Evanescence. i have made that list that i posted very short. i have about over 2000 songs on my zune
Back to top Go down
Mister PEB

Mister PEB

Number of posts : 42
Name : Matthew Haworth
Instrument/Section : Battery Percussion- Tenor Drum
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 9:48 pm

Footie wrote:
Becky, i do listen to Evanescence. i have made that list that i posted very short. i have about over 2000 songs on my zune
KILL THE ZUNE USER!!!!!
And I listen to Evanescence, too. Though, they can get kinda repetitive. Their songs kinda blend together.
Back to top Go down
Footie

Footie

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 3:08 pm

i like my zune. but i do agree, after a while it all sounds the same
Back to top Go down
becky johns

becky johns

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2007 9:18 pm

Footie wrote:
i like my zune. but i do agree, after a while it all sounds the same

yeah i know what you guys mean...my favorite is Good Night though and most of the older songs. I don't listen to that much music outside of band class.
Back to top Go down
Christina Knieriem

Christina Knieriem

Number of posts : 2
Name : Christina Knieriem

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 4:48 pm

Ryan/Mike/Whatever wrote:
A partial list in no particular order: ACDC, Led Zeplin, The Eagles, Green Day, Linkin Park, The Who, Alkaline Trio, and Metallica.

Alkaline Trio!! Ahh, I love them so much. I pretty much have every single song by them, and maybe some that they haven't recorded yet. jk. I saw them @ Nation in DC and it was amazing. Not a lot of people listen to them, which means they're missing out. hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Christina Knieriem

Christina Knieriem

Number of posts : 2
Name : Christina Knieriem

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 4:52 pm

tleirich wrote:
In no particular order...

Maroon5, Yellowcard, The All-American Rejects, Coldplay, Daughtry, Evanescence, Foo Fighters, The Darkness, Five for Fighting, John Mayer, The Beatles, JET, Jimmy Buffett, Sara Bareilles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Plain White T's, Switchfoot, Rascal Flatts, John Lennon, and of course Veggie Tale Silly Songs. Where would I be without them?

Way to go Taylor! I LOVE Veggie tales. call me a loser, but I can't help it. Now that I've found a fellow band kid that likes the silly songs, we are going to sing them all the time. Which one is your favorite? Razz I know its rather difficult to choose, but my personal faves are the pirates who don't do anything, the lip song, the cheeseburger song, and Barbara Manatee.
Back to top Go down
tleirich

tleirich

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Yes! By far my favorite is Love My Lips. I know the whole thing and have recited it in a tutu. (Don't ask.) Love My Duck, Pirates Who Don't Do Anything, and The Hairbrush Song are great too. But then again they're all awesome.
Back to top Go down
short1

short1

Name : Kara Short
Year In School : 10th
Instrument/Section : Clarinet
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2007 5:43 pm

Taylor you cant for get Spongebob! lol

mine are...

my real favorites are first.

Simple Plan, blink-182, +44, BoxCar Racer, Tansplants, Angles & Airwaves,
Plain White T's, Paramaore, Blue Man Group, Say Anything.

The Who, Billy Talent, Motion City Soundtrack,
Reset, Fall Out Boy, Good Charlotte, Weezer,
All American Rejects, Relient K, Nickelback, Switchfoot,
Panic! At The Disco, Yellowcard,
Hedley, Aerosmith, Evanescence,
My Chemical Romance, Papa Roach,
Taking Back Sunday,Thousand Foot Krutch,
The Used, AFI, Three Days Grace, 3 Doors Down

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Footie

Footie

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2007 7:10 pm

ewww. simple plan ewww.

My new favorite band is Aiden
Back to top Go down
short1

short1

Name : Kara Short
Year In School : 10th
Instrument/Section : Clarinet
Registration date : 2007-07-26

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Neutral zack. i dislike you now.

jk. lol
Back to top Go down
gailsmile

gailsmile

Name : Gail DeVore
Year In School : parent of '11
Instrument/Section : parent of Ryan, baritone/trombone
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Wouldn't it be fun to play this...   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2007 8:03 pm

OK, I know this is going to date me, but...
when I was in High School (Grafton High '77 - Wisconsin) our band (of which i was not a member of, I was in choir) did a crowd pleasing half-time show of "The Theme from Shaft"! It became a requested "standard" for a few years. (and this was an all-white area no less, go figure)

I love old R&B and Motown! afro

So what else would you think would be fun to play, if a band arrangement is available?
Back to top Go down
Footie

Footie

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 5:18 pm

The Halo Theme song would be awesome [and before you all judge me as a geek and disregard the rest of this post] the Halo games have music that is really well put together, i think the music is amazing The only difference in the 2 games themes is that in the one there an elctric guitar [played by Steve Vai] that solos. AND [yes theres more] there are arrangements out there. i have seen them.
Back to top Go down
tleirich

tleirich

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2007 6:13 pm

Wow. If we did a Halo themed show, that would be so freaking awesome. (The color guard could spin energy swords and assault rifles.) And as far as the music goes, Halo probably has the best music that I've heard on a video game besides Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy music is AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: prefered music outside of band class?   prefered music outside of band class? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

prefered music outside of band class?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next